Work Link is a listing service for farmers and ranchers seeking workers. It serves to connect people who want to learn how to farm or ranch with experienced producers willing to share their expertise.
A typical arrangement involves paid positions for labor, free room and board, hands-on experience, intensive training and skill development.
Farm work positions provide opportunities for training in:
- Vegetable, herb, fruit, and flower production at many different scales
- Marketing techniques, including direct marketing strategies
- Livestock production, including cattle, sheep, goats, horses, pigs, and poultry
- Dairy farming and cheese making with cows, sheep or goats
- Seed saving
- Making value-added products
- Grass-based and intensive rotational grazing farm systems
These and many other diverse opportunities are available across Montana. Check out some of the listings using the Farm Link Montana Work Listing map!
Other Benefits for Participants
Work Link participants will also have access to on-site field days on farms throughout Western Montana, conflict resolution services through the Community Dispute Resolution Center, and a wide range of farm business development workshops hosted by Community Food & Agriculture Coalition.